Are You Due for Your Annual Insurance Checkup?
Just as with your physical health, maintaining your financial health requires regular checkups, including an evaluation of your insurance coverage. Follow these simple tips to ensure that you are properly protected.
Review your current coverages, and know what your deductibles are.
Think about what’s changed since your last checkup.
- Have you gotten married or experienced another life-changing event?
- Have you renovated, downsized or upsized your home?
- Have you added a vacation or rental property?
- Do you have a new driver in your family?
- Have you joined a car pool?
- Have you recently acquired valuable items such as jewelry, artwork, collectible coins or electronic equipment?
Make sure the liability coverage on your homeowner’s or renter’s policy is adequate. Consider a personal umbrella policy for additional liability coverage.
Take into account the possibility of natural disasters. Homeowner’s policies do not cover flood or earthquake damage.
Evaluate your auto coverage. If your child is going away to college with a car that’s covered by your policy—or leaving a car at home—be sure to inform your agent.
Contact an agent. Visit AAA.com/InsuranceCheckUp, call 877/556-2186, or visit your AAA Store to discuss your insurance needs with an insurance professional. Make sure to also ask about discounts for which you may be eligible.
This article originally appeared in the November/December 2017 issue of AAA World.