AAA Roadwise Review: A Tool to Help Seniors Drive Safely Longer is a scientifically validated screening tool developed by AAA and transportation safety researchers. Available on CD-ROM, this tool allows seniors to measure in the privacy of their own home the eight functional abilities shown to be the strongest predictors of crash risk among older drivers.
The skills tested in Roadwise Review™ include:
- Leg Strength and General Mobility - enables you to accelerate and brake under regular conditions and to respond quickly in emergencies.
- Head/Neck Flexibility - allows you to check blind spots when you back up, change lanes, or merge into traffic.
- High Contrast Visual Acuity - helps you detect pavement markings, read road signs and spot hazards in or near the road.
- Low Visual Acuity - enables you to maintain lane position and drive safely in rain, dusk, haze and fog.
- Working Memory - helps you follow directions, remember traffic rules and regulations, and make good decisions as you drive.
- Visualization of Missing Information - enables you to recognize and anticipate a threat or hazard even when part of it is hidden from view.
- Visual Search - enables you to scan the driving environment and recognize traffic signs, signals, navigational landmarks and hazards.
- Visual Information Processing Speed - allows you to pay attention to what is in front of you while also detecting threats at the edge of your field of view.
Try Roadwise Review Online at no cost to you!
- CD Rom Drive
- Operating Systems Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98* *Windows 98 Users: May require upgrading your video card or amount of RAM
- 633 MHz processor (or better)
- Video card with AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port)and at least 8 MB video RAM (or better)
- 256 MB RAM memory (or better)
- Mouse and keyboard