The American Express® GlobalTravel Card
The NEW American Express® GlobalTravel Card is now available at your local AAA Mid-Atlantic Branch. This prepaid reloadable Card can be used globally at millions of locations where American Express Cards are accepted, including ATMs*. The Card offers access to a wealth of benefits.
Convenience: The American Express GlobalTravel Card is loaded with travel-friendly features.
- Easy to Use - All you need is your signature for merchants and your PIN for ATMs.
- Reloadable - Add funds at your own pace and convenience. Reload at a participating AAA Mid-Atlantic branch.
- Accepted Globally - Use the Card at millions of merchants and ATMs worldwide, where American Express Cards are accepted - including online merchants.
- Useful for Managing Your Travel Budget - Spend only the funds you load onto the Card.
- Simple to Manage - Review your available balance and transaction history online at americanexpress.com/globaltravel or by phone, wherever you are, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Value: The American Express GlobalTravel Card is a smart way to manage your money before, during, and after your journey.
- No Inactivity Fees - Leave your funds as long as you please and they will still be there in full the next time you want to use them.
- Funds Don’t Expire - While there is a “valid thru” date indicated on the front of your Card plastic, the available funds don’t expire.
Peace of Mind: With the American Express GlobalTravel Card your funds are
safe. Plus we offer you access to emergency services 24/7.
- Backup Card - A Backup Card with a different number and PIN is issued with your Primary Card at the time of purchase – minimizing the inconvenience if your Primary Card is lost or stolen.
- Emergency Card Replacement - A replacement Card will be sent, free of charge, to your chosen destination. Simply contact Customer Service immediately for help if your Backup Card is lost or stolen.
Need more information? Visit your local branch or americanexpress.com/globaltravel
- Emergency Funds Access - While you are waiting for your replacement Card to be delivered, you can access the funds on your Card to up to $1,000 per day by emergency money transfer via Western Union.
- 24/7 Emergency Travel, Medical, Legal, and Other Help - The American Express GlobalTravel Card gives you access to emergency services from Global Assist® when traveling more than 100 miles from home**, including:
- Emergency travel assistance
- Lost luggage assistance
- Lost passport assistance and card cancellation
- Medical and legal assistance referrals
- Access to Purchase Protection*** - If an eligible item purchased with the Card accidentally breaks or is stolen, you can be reimbursed.
- Not Linked to Your Bank Account - Since it is not linked to your bank account, it helps you protect against identity theft and fraud.
*American Express does not charge for the first ATM withdrawal in each calendar month. Thereafter, there is a $2.00 fee for each additional ATM withdrawal. A separate ATM fee by the ATM operator may also apply.
** While Global Assist® Services coordination and assistance services are benefits available at no additional charge. Cardmembers are responsible for the costs charged by third-party service providers. Global Assist® Services are not meant to replace travel insurance.
***Eligible items purchased with the Card can be protected from theft or accidental damage for up to 90 days from the date of purchase, at no additional charge. Coverage is good for up to $1,000 per occurence and up to $50,000 per Cardmember, per account, per calendar year. For more information please refer to the Cardmember Agreement. Purchase Protection is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company, Administrative Office, Phoenix, AZ. Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions, and exclusions of Policy AX0951 or Policy PP-IND and is subject to change with notice. This documentation does not supplement or replace the Policy.